Yemen’s Al-Qaida Claims Responsibility for Paris Attack

Yemen’s al-Qaida branch on Wednesday claimed responsibility for last week’s deadly attack on a Paris satirical newspaper, with one of its top commanders saying the assault was in revenge for the weekly’s publications of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, considered an insult in Islam.

The claim came in a video posting by Nasr al-Ansi, a top commander of Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP as the branch is known, which appeared on the group’s Twitter account.

In the 11-minute video, al-Ansi says the assault on Charlie Hebdo, which killed 12 people — including editors, cartoonists and journalists, as well as two police officers — was in “revenge for the prophet.”

He said AQAP “chose the target, laid out the plan and financed the operation” against the weekly, though he produced no evidence to support the claim.

 

 

Follow this link to read more.

Alliance For A Strong America
Paid for by Alliance for a Strong America
About the Cheneys
About Us
Latest Updates
Donate

Privacy Policy
Paid for by Alliance for a Strong America